The requirements for an award are:
- At least 30 years old.
- At least 10 years full-time experience as a performing artist, with the last 5 years in German-speaking Switzerland, Ticino, or Liechtenstein.
- No more than 2 years removed from a career as a stage performer.
- The stage performer must be able to demonstrate recognized professional training and/or a career principally as a stage performer.
In exceptional cases, the committee may request that the board of directors deviate from these award criteria.
The following must be included in each application:
- Cover letter with details on career choice and desired retraining, financial situation, and prospects for a new career
- Curriculum vitae, diploma, and references
- Specific details about training and costs
- Budget and financial plan for living expenses and income (including details about other supporting contributions)
- Confirmation of admission into training program
- Copy of latest tax return
- Confirmation that an application has been made for financial support from the canton of residence